Penguin and Seal Island Sea Kayak 6 hour Tour
- Varighed: 6 Timer (Ca.)
- Sted: Rockingham, Western Australia
- Produkt kode: PJRGZV
Paddling a sea kayak is a unique and intimate way to explore Penguin & Seal Islands.
Get up close and personal with the sea lions, cruise past colonies of pelicans and take in the rugged beauty of the islands. Meet the little penguins in the Penguin Island discovery centre. Tours are led by a qualified instructor who will take you on a guided walk and snorkelling (in the warmer summer months, December to March) on Penguin Island. Sometimes we even see the dolphins! It’s a fun filled day suitable for beginners and advanced paddlers.
Participants must weigh less than 115kgs, be at least 8 years of age, be able
to understand basic English instructions and are required to sign a waiver of
liability prior to participating.
· Visiting the sea lions at Seal Island often that often swim and jump playfully amongst the kayaks!
· Silently gliding over shallow reefs, exploring secluded bays and getting up close to the islands all within an easy 700 metre to 1km distance offshore - easy paddling for beginners!
· Getting a close up water level view of the wildlife.
· Swimming from beautiful sandy beaches and snorkelling colourful reefs with your tour guide (December to March only).
· Seeing the little penguins at the Discovery Centre, and then enjoying an island picnic lunch under the trees overlooking sweeping views of the marine park.
· Double sit in kayaks (traditional sit insides with rudders), paddles and PFD (lifejacket)
· Long sleeved sun shirts & hats
· Dry bags to keep your valuables dry
· Guided walk & snorkelling (mask and snorkel) on Penguin Island (November to March)
· Penguin feeding at the Discovery Centre· Morning tea & picnic lunch on Penguin Island
· Bathers, thongs or sandals in summer. A warm jacket in the cooler months. A change of clothes for after your paddle or snorkel.
· Drinking water, sunscreen, towel and camera.
Adults $180, Concession (8- 17 years) $162
Departure Times & Bookings
Departs daily (subject to minimum numbers and weather conditions)
September 22, 2018 - April 28, 2019
Meet at 8.am at 153 Arcadia Drive, opposite the Penguin Road intersection, in the Pengos Cafe carpark. Please look for our ute and yellow sea kayaks in the northern car park, and introduce yourself to your guide upon arrival. Tour ends between 1 and 2pm, it depends on variables like weather conditions, group abilities etc.
Book online now!