Penguin and Seal Island Sea Kayak 6 hour Tour
- Duration: 1 Days (approx.)
- Location: Rockingham, Western Australia
- Product code: PJRGZV
Paddling a sea kayak is a unique and intimate way to explore Penguin & Seal Islands.
Get up close and personal with the sea lions, cruise past colonies of pelicans and take in the rugged islands. Tours are led by a qualified instructor who will take you on a guided walk and snorkelling (in the warmer summer months) on Penguin Island. Sometimes we even see the dolphins! It’s a fun filled day suitable for beginners and advanced paddlers.
Participants must weigh less than 115kgs, be at least 8 years of age, be able
to understand basic English instructions and are required to sign a waiver of
liability prior to participating.
· Visiting the sea lions at Seal Island often that often swim and jump playfully amongst the kayaks!
· Silently gliding over shallow reefs, exploring secluded bays and getting up close to the islands all within an easy 700 metre to 1km distance offshore - easy paddling for beginners!
· Getting a close up water level view of the wildlife.
· Swimming from beautiful sandy beaches and snorkelling colourful reefs with your tour guide.
· Seeing the little penguins at the Discovery Centre and then enjoying an island picnic lunch under the trees overlooking sweeping views of the marine park.
· Double sit in kayaks (traditional sit insides with rudders), paddles and life vest
· Long sleeved sun shirts & hats
· Dry bags to keep your valuables dry
· Guided walk & snorkelling (mask and snorkel) on Penguin Island (November to March)
· Penguin feeding at the Discovery Centre· Morning tea & picnic lunch on Penguin Island
· Bathers, thongs or sandals in summer. A warm jacket in the cooler months. A change of clothes for after your paddle or snorkel.
· Drinking water, sunscreen, towel and camera.
Adults $180, Concession (8- 17 years) $162
Departure Times & Bookings
Departs daily (subject to minimum numbers and weather conditions)
September 22, 2018 - April 28, 2019
Meet at 8.am at 153 Arcadia Drive, opposite the Penguin Road intersection, in the Pengos Cafe carpark. Please look for our van/ute and yellow sea kayaks in the car park, and introduce yourself to your guide upon arrival.
Book online now!